Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Skin Care: Purifying Masks

Hello everyone! If you are like me, then you may like a good mask. I enjoy using different types of masks to fit my skin's needs. Today I will show you five purifying masks that I have used, and let you know which I loved the most. They are great for declogging your skin of impurities, oil, and just giving your skin a nice, clean and fresh beginning.

Masks:
- Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask ($17-$25): Deeply clears out you pores by using activated charcoal. This one is my top favorite mask! My skin feels pure, clean, fresh, and smooth after use. I typically use this as an overnight mask.
- Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment ($69): A treatment used to promote clear complexion by targeting, preventing, and healing the skin. This is a great mask, but I have a love hate relationship with it as sometimes it helps clear my acne, but other times it doesn't.
- Sephora Mud Mask Purifying and Mattifying ($19): Cleanses the skin by removing impurities, unclogging pores, and reducing appearances of blemishes. This is a new mask from Sephora and it reminds me of the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment. It has the same drying effect as Glamglow, but personally, I would choose this one over Glamglow because 1) its cheaper then Glamglow, 2) it pretty much works the same!
- Caudalie Purifying Mask ($39) (not pictured above as it was a sample): A mask that absorbs impurities, tightens the appearance of pores, and reduces breakouts. Not a fan of this mask as it doesn't "set" and dry up like a typical clay mask does. After about 20 minutes, it still felt tacky and was a bit oily in between my fingers. I didn't really feel any declogging or purifying effects from it.
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask ($34): A peel off mask designed to detox, purify, and brighten the skin. This is a cool mask since it does peel off. But be careful not to get it around your hair or sensitive skin areas such as eyes, since it does hurt to remove! You can rinse it with water if it is too painful to peel off. Although it is a nice mask, I don't think I will be repurchasing this as I would rather use a clay mask to purify my skin and draw out impurities.

Watch the video below for more details about each mask!

 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Nice roundup! Mud masks are super fun to use, especially when they actually look like mud ;) I really want to try the Boscia! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to get a sample at Sephora and test it out!

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try the glam glow mask, but kept hesitating because of the price. I will definitely have to try the Sephora one now! Thanks for sharing your reviews :)

    Jenni // The Beautiful Little Fools

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Jennifer! Maybe you can get a sample of both to see which you like best and then decide which to buy. Plus Sephora has a great return policy if your skin didn't react well to it or if you don't like it.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...